Sunday, February 26, 2012

Whew!! Installing your app on a real device!!!

Been trying to install my app on a real device and OMG what a pain that was!! If you read through Google's documentation here, it all sounds really simple. But in reality, it wasn't...at least for me. I'm using an HTC Incredible and here are some problems I ran into:
  1.  The USB connector cable was not doing a good job connecting the phone to my laptop.....loose connection. I spent an hour trying to figure out why the device wasn't showing up in my list of devices while browsing. And then, voila, my husband figured that the device wasn't connected! Got past step 1!
  2. Next, I couldn't find the OEM driver for HTC Incredible on HTC's website!!! I thought it would be easy enough to search for the driver and find it, but nope! Finally I found it here.
  3. Had trouble installing the driver because the device wasn't connected!! :) Went around in circles again trying to install the driver!!!
  4. And the last problem...I feel stupid for this......the device software version was 2.2 and my application was at a min level 2.1 :( and that it why it wasn't getting installed!! jeez!! This is what happens when you try to install my app on a real device for the first time ever....distracted as ever watching the Oscars! :)
All is well that ends well folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment